The back of the farmhouse, taken from what would have been the farm yard.
Here’s dad and Margaret sitting in the fireplace nook. When we holidayed here twenty years ago, the area now containing the fire and the flue was entirely filled with an old wood-fired range and the grandfather clock stood in the hallway. On the beam at the top of the shot is inscribed the date 1691, the year the farmhouse was completed.
Here’s mum heading over to the barn, which pre-dates the house and is divided by a wooden screen that would have kept the animals out of the family living-space when it served as the farmhouse.
This is the barn, taken from the rear.